|Role||Director of The Great Gatsby|
|Date of Birth||September 17 1962|
|Origin||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
Mark Anthony "Baz" Luhrmann (born 17 September 1962) is an Australian film director, screenwriter, and producer best known for The Red Curtain Trilogy, which includes his films Strictly Ballroom, Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge!. He was the director of the 2013 film The Great Gatsby.
- Strictly Ballroom (1992), starring Tara Morice and Paul Mercurio
- Romeo + Juliet (1996), starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes
- Moulin Rouge! (2001), starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor
- Australia (2008), starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman
- The Great Gatsby (2013), starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan
Behind the scenesEdit
- Luhrmann had also made a cameo apperance in the film as a waiter that brings Nick Carraway to Jordan's table to meet for tea after his lunch with Gatsby.